Wenthe-Davidson Engineering Co is seeking a Manufacturing Engineer. This is a newly created position due to our growth. We are a metal fabricator that specializes in custom tubular products and have been in business for over 74 years. We offer an excellent benefit package including health, dental, life, paid holidays, 401(k), profit sharing, and an employee stock ownership plan.
- Plans and designs methods to improve production processes. Provide equipment support and technical troubleshooting.
- Assist in the design, installation and troubleshooting of manufacturing equipment.
- Design tools to aid in the manufacturing process.
- Review existing processes and develop solutions to increase productivity and quality or reduce costs. Evaluate new tools, equipment and processes.
- Analyze existing procedures and processes for failure modes. Evaluate and modify procedures and processes to reduce/eliminate production defects.
- Identify opportunities and/or implement changes to improve products or reduce costs using knowledge of fabrication processes, fixturing/tooling and production equipment, assembly methods, quality control standards, or product design, materials and parts.
- Develop and execute key measures of performance in order to provide ongoing evaluation of equipment maintenance & PM effectively.
- Determine root causes of failures using statistical methods and recommend changes in designs, procedures, processes, or methods.
- Provide technical expertise or support related to manufacturing.
- Communicate manufacturing capabilities and other relevant information to facilitate production processes.
- Prepare documentation for new manufacturing processes or procedures. Review or create documentation for existing manufacturing processes and or procedures.
- Investigate or resolve operational problems such as material use variances and bottlenecks.
- Estimate costs, production times, and other requirements for new designs.
- Design testing methods and test finished products or process capabilities to establish standards or validate process requirements.
- Participate in process Review teams to determine feasibility of cost effectively manufacturing new products that meet customer needs and quality standards.
- Analyze engineering design, determine machine/manufacturing capabilities, identify material and equipment needs, determine tool design and application, perform time studies to determine manpower needs/labor hours, maintain records/data concerning all findings, and prepare reports.
- Support customer requests for generation of control plans, capability studies, Gage R & R studies, PFMEA, statistical studies.
- Skill to read/understand technical material, engineering drawings, industry standards is required. Make suggestions/recommendations regarding the same when needed.
- Must have the ability to read and interpret drawings and schematics and possess troubleshooting skills related to equipment and processes.
- MS office proficiency and related productivity tools experience is preferred.
- High degree of accuracy and attention to details required. Excellent project management skills.
- Must have exceptional interpersonal and communication skills (written & verbal) and skill to relate across all levels of the management within organization.
- Effectively utilizes tact and diplomacy in working with people across hierarchical, functional and/or cultural borders, expends considerable effort to understand the real needs concerns and feelings of others.
- Bachelors degree in Industrial/Manufacturing/Mechanical Engineering or other related degree.
5+ years relevant experience required, in lieu of degree
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to respond to changing priorities required.
- Experience/knowledge of CAD a plus.
- Knowledge of Lean principles and tools preferred.
- Prioritizes tasks for optimum productivity.
- Anticipates, identifies and resolves problems or obstacles.
Salary is based on experience.
Wenthe-Davidson is an equal opportunity employer.
Machine Operator – 2nd shift
Wenthe-Davidson Engineering seeking second shift Machine Operators for our New Berlin plant.
- Use a variety of equipment to cut, roll, machine weld, grind, and finish steel engine housings.
- Punch blanks as required by job routings effectively, checking part against template.
- Perform as a helper or assistant in different departments of production.
- Assist with routine cleaning (i.e. dispose of scrap, wipe-down equipment and sweep area, etc.).
Position will report to Second Shift Supervisor. Qualified candidates will have a stable work history, willingness to learn new duties and a positive attitude. Experience in metal manufacturing is helpful but not required.
Wenthe-Davidson is a metal fabricator that specializes in custom tubular products and has been in business for over 70 years. We offer an excellent benefit package including health, dental, life, paid holidays, 401(k), and profit sharing.
Please submit your resume below with salary requirements or apply in person between 8 am-3 pm:
16300 W Rogers Dr
New Berlin WI 53151
Please fill out the form below.