The Quality Assurance Specialist is responsible for analyzing internal/external defective materials to determine the root cause and implementing effective corrective actions. The QAS will be responsible to perform internal dimensional and process audits, communicate with customers regarding quality concerns, and update work instructions and other documents as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Conducts root cause analysis, analyze failures and implement corrective action for process/product related concerns and customer complaints.
- Interfaces with customer to resolve complaints, corrective actions, engineering changes and validation requirements.
- Facilitates improvements via updates to procedures/Work Instructions/trainings stemming from audit findings and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Works with Operations on lean and scrap reduction initiatives
- Works with Engineering and Operations to solve in-house quality concerns, reviews of nonconforming product, recommends disposition and corrective action to prevent reoccurrence.
- Prepares various quality reports.
- Support the company quality objectives, policies, and mission.
- Performs and records inspection results.
- Audit processes for compliance to system and good work habits.
- Interprets and log data through Microsoft Excel spreadsheets.
- Interprets engineering drawings for inspection processes i.e. inspection plans.
- Assist with quality training on inspection equipment, policies and procedures.
- Assist with PPAP and capability studies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School or Equivalent.
- Two (2) years of on-the-job experience in quality inspection or a related field.
- Six Sigma Green Belt certification preferred
- Working knowledge of statistics
- Working knowledge of G,D & T, including the ability to read and interpret engineering drawings, schematics,, and specifications
- Experience measuring with a CMM.
- Understand of types of measurement, measurement terminology, and the different types of measurement scales.
- Basic calibration knowledge.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft office tools and other computer applications.
- Identify inspections errors, report non-conformance, and initiate resolution.
- Ability to plan and react to quality related issues including solid problem solving and decision making.
- Knowledge of quality procedures, processes and auditing techniques.
- Strong mathematical skills using decimals and fractions.
- Self-motivated to seek out additional job assignments upon completion of primary tasks.
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills when interacting with staff members and customers.
Title: Maintenance (Troubleshooter)
Wenthe-Davidson Engineering Co is seeking a Maintenance Technician 3rd shift, 9:45pm to 5:45am Sunday – Thursday, overtime available
We are a metal fabricator, specializing in custom tubular products and have been in business for over 75 years. We are 100% employee owned and offer an excellent benefit package including health, dental, vision and life insurance, 401(k), paid time off, profit sharing and quarterly performance bonus.
The Maintenance Technician will perform diagnostics, adjust and repair hydraulic and pneumatic systems, 6 axis robots, CNC machines, pumps, shears, fans, conveyors, welding and forming equipment as well as basic building maintenance.
Manufacturing, hydraulic, pneumatic, electrical and mechanical repair.
Or military maintenance experience.
Or Industrial Maintenance Technician / Automation Systems Technology certification from a technical college.
Essential Position Duties
- Perform preventative maintenance duties per schedule.
- Perform general repair of machinery and tools, with minimal supervision.
- Perform lay out and specify parts needed for manufacturing systems.
- Set-up and operate lathe, grinder, presses, mills and drill press, forklift and overhead crane/hoist to perform fabrication of materials.
- Assist other members of the maintenance department with moving, disassembling and installing equipment as directed.
- Ability to read and interpret schematics
- Ability to communicate with co-workers.
- Ability to follow detailed written and oral instructions.
- The ability to identify and solve problems in unique situations.
- Ability to organize multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
Please submit your resume below with salary requirements or apply in person between 8 am-3 pm:
16300 W Rogers Dr
New Berlin WI 53151
Please fill out the form below.