- Plans and designs methods to improve production processes. Provide equipment support and technical troubleshooting.
- Assist in the design, installation and troubleshooting of manufacturing equipment. Design tools to aid in the manufacturing process.
- Review existing processes and develop solutions to increase productivity and quality or reduce costs. Evaluate new tools, equipment and processes.
- Analyze existing procedures and processes for failure modes. Evaluate and modify procedures and processes to reduce/eliminate production defects.
- Identify opportunities and/or implement changes to improve products or reduce costs using knowledge of fabrication processes, fixturing/tooling and production equipment, assembly methods, quality control standards, or product design, materials and parts.
- Develop and execute key measures of performance in order to provide ongoing evaluation of equipment maintenance & PM effectively.
- Determine root causes of failures using statistical methods and recommend changes in designs, procedures, processes, or methods.
- Provide technical expertise or support related to manufacturing. Communicate manufacturing capabilities and other relevant information to facilitate production processes.
- Prepare documentation for new manufacturing processes or procedures.
- Review or create documentation for existing manufacturing processes and or procedures.
- Investigate or resolve operational problems such as material use variances and bottlenecks.
- Estimate costs, production times, and other requirements for new designs.
- Design testing methods and test finished products or process capabilities to establish standards or validate process requirements.
- Participate in process Review teams to determine feasibility of cost effectively manufacturing new products that meet customer needs and quality standards.
- Analyze engineering design, determine machine/manufacturing capabilities, identify material and equipment needs, determine tool design and application, perform time studies to determine manpower needs/labor hours, maintain records/data concerning all findings, and prepare reports.
- Support customer requests for generation of control plans, capability studies, Gage R & R studies, PFMEA, statistical studies.
- Skill to read/understand technical material, engineering drawings, industry standards is required. Make suggestions/recommendations regarding the same when needed.
- Must have the ability to read and interpret drawings and schematics and possess troubleshooting skills related to equipment and processes.
- MS office proficiency and related productivity tools experience is preferred.
- High degree of accuracy and attention to details required.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Must have exceptional interpersonal and communication skills (written & verbal) and skill to relate across all levels of the management within organization.
- Effectively utilizes tact and diplomacy in working with people across hierarchical, functional and/or cultural borders, expends considerable effort to understand the real needs concerns and feelings of others.
- Bachelors degree in Industrial/Manufacturing/Mechanical Engineering or other related degree. 5+ years relevant experience required, in lieu of degree Strong attention to detail and the ability to respond to changing priorities required.
- Experience/knowledge of CAD a plus.
- Knowledge of Lean principles and tools preferred.
- Prioritizes tasks for optimum productivity.
- Anticipates, identifies and resolves problems or obstacles.
Salary is based on experience.
Wenthe-Davidson is an equal opportunity employer.
Please submit your resume below with salary requirements or apply in person between 8 am-3 pm:
16300 W Rogers Dr
New Berlin WI 53151
Please fill out the form below.