The Quality Assurance Specialist is responsible for analyzing internal/external defective materials to determine the root cause and implementing effective corrective actions. The QAS will be responsible to perform internal dimensional and process audits, communicate with customers regarding quality concerns, and update work instructions and other documents as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Conducts root cause analysis, analyze failures and implement corrective action for process/product related concerns and customer complaints.
- Interfaces with customer to resolve complaints, corrective actions, engineering changes and validation requirements.
- Facilitates improvements via updates to procedures/Work Instructions/trainings stemming from audit findings and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Works with Operations on lean and scrap reduction initiatives
- Works with Engineering and Operations to solve in-house quality concerns, reviews of nonconforming product, recommends disposition and corrective action to prevent reoccurrence.
- Prepares various quality reports.
- Support the company quality objectives, policies, and mission.
- Performs and records inspection results.
- Audit processes for compliance to system and good work habits.
- Interprets and log data through Microsoft Excel spreadsheets.
- Interprets engineering drawings for inspection processes i.e. inspection plans.
- Assist with quality training on inspection equipment, policies and procedures.
- Assist with PPAP and capability studies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School or Equivalent.
- Two (2) years of on-the-job experience in quality inspection or a related field.
- Six Sigma Green Belt certification preferred
- Working knowledge of statistics
- Working knowledge of G,D & T, including the ability to read and interpret engineering drawings, schematics,, and specifications
- Experience measuring with a CMM.
- Understand of types of measurement, measurement terminology, and the different types of measurement scales.
- Basic calibration knowledge.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft office tools and other computer applications.
- Identify inspections errors, report non-conformance, and initiate resolution.
- Ability to plan and react to quality related issues including solid problem solving and decision making.
- Knowledge of quality procedures, processes and auditing techniques.
- Strong mathematical skills using decimals and fractions.
- Self-motivated to seek out additional job assignments upon completion of primary tasks.
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills when interacting with staff members and customers.
Title: Maintenance (Troubleshooter)
The Maintenance “B” performs general maintenance functions including, but not limited to: trouble-shooting machine problems; basic tool and machine repair; disassembly and reassembly of machines; chain switch repair; etc.
By adhering to Wenthe-Davidson’s instructions and procedures, customer satisfaction can be maintained.
Essential Position Duties
- Perform general trouble-shooting of machinery and tools.
- Perform general repair of machinery and tools, with minimal supervision.
- Disassemble and reassemble machines, chain switches, etc. without supervision.
- Perform lay outs of simple systems.
- Set-up and operate lathe, grinder, presses, mills and drill press, forklift and overhead crane/hoist to perform fabrication of materials.
- Assist other members of the maintenance department with moving, tearing down and installing equipment as directed.
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive and management may instruct you to perform other duties based on business requirements.
- The ability to bend and lift up to 50 pounds from floor level to a height of four (4) feet.
- The ability to bend, twist, squat and work in confined/cramped spaces.
- The ability to stand and/or walk on concrete for up to eight (8) hours per day.
- Manual Dexterity: The ability to use hands to manipulate objects (i.e. perform a variety of set-ups, etc.).
- Quality Assurance: The ability to perform an inspection of repair materials, identifying any flaws.
- The ability to work as part of a team.
- Education: Basic general education.
- Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret routine correspondence (i.e. job routings, warnings, etc.). Ability to write and record information. Ability to communicate with co-workers, provide oral instruction/direction and understand oral instructions.
- Reasoning Skills: Ability to follow detailed written and oral instructions. The ability to identify and solve problems in unique situations.
- Organizational Skills: Ability to organized multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to perform basic shop math, including addition, subtraction, multiplication and division of all units of measure.
Job Skills Required
- The ability to set-up and operate lathes, drills, presses, mills, grinders, etc..
- The ability to operate an industrial lift truck (forklift).
- The ability to meet the attendance standards as stated in the company attendance policy.
This job description is intended to comply with all known state and federal regulations and is subject to requests for reasonable accommodation.
HOURS 9:45pm to 5:45am Sunday – Thursday
Please submit your resume below with salary requirements or apply in person between 8 am-3 pm:
16300 W Rogers Dr
New Berlin WI 53151
Please fill out the form below.