Title: Maintenance (Troubleshooter)
Wenthe-Davidson Engineering Co is seeking a Maintenance Technician 3rd shift, 9:45pm to 5:45am Sunday – Thursday, overtime available
We are a metal fabricator, specializing in custom tubular products and have been in business for over 75 years. We are 100% employee owned and offer an excellent benefit package including health, dental, vision and life insurance, 401(k), paid time off, profit sharing and quarterly performance bonus.
The Maintenance Technician will perform diagnostics, adjust and repair hydraulic and pneumatic systems, 6 axis robots, CNC machines, pumps, shears, fans, conveyors, welding and forming equipment as well as basic building maintenance.
Manufacturing, hydraulic, pneumatic, electrical and mechanical repair.
Or military maintenance experience.
Or Industrial Maintenance Technician / Automation Systems Technology certification from a technical college.
Essential Position Duties
- Perform preventative maintenance duties per schedule.
- Perform general repair of machinery and tools, with minimal supervision.
- Perform lay out and specify parts needed for manufacturing systems.
- Set-up and operate lathe, grinder, presses, mills and drill press, forklift and overhead crane/hoist to perform fabrication of materials.
- Assist other members of the maintenance department with moving, disassembling and installing equipment as directed.
- Ability to read and interpret schematics
- Ability to communicate with co-workers.
- Ability to follow detailed written and oral instructions.
- The ability to identify and solve problems in unique situations.
- Ability to organize multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
The tool room machinist will work under the direction of the VP of Engineering to perform all operations (from start to finish) to construct, alter and repair tools, dies, fixtures, parts, etc.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Set up, adjust, operate, and maintain all tool room equipment (milling machine, lathe, grinder, etc.).
• Construct, alter, and/or repair tooling, dies, fixtures, gauges, and/or customer supplied parts.
• Read and correctly interpret blueprints (tolerances and dimensions) for building parts to print.
• Communicating to the team when changes are required to the print, due to unforeseen situations or need (for internal documentation).
• When provided: install, work with, and/or edit CNC code.
• Create CNC code (TRAK CNC Controls: mill and lathe).
• Maintain clean, organized, and safe workspace.
• Communicate the progress of projects and present contingencies for missed deadlines.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• High school VO-ED or technical college coursework toward an associate degree or 3—5 years of related experience. Applicants whom are currently journeyman tool and die makers or are working toward their journeyman certification will receive highest consideration.
• Solve practical problems with a variety of concrete variables in situations where limited standardization exists.
• Possess troubleshooting skills related to equipment and processes associated to tool room equipment.
• Read, understand and interpret technical material, engineering drawings and industry standards.
• Experience using measuring tools associated with tool and die making (micrometers, height gage, and calipers).
• Ability to calculate machine speeds and feeds (CNC and tool room machinery).
• High degree of accuracy and strong attention to detail.
• Work to specified deadlines, working overtime as needed to meet tooling completion dates.
• Willingness to train others and apply skills to current tool room machinery to meet tooling completion dates.
• Ability to effectively communicate (verbally and through written communications) with staff at all levels of the organization.
• Flexibility when priorities change in tool room scheduling (
Please submit your resume below with salary requirements or apply in person between 8 am-3 pm:
16300 W Rogers Dr
New Berlin WI 53151
Please fill out the form below.