Provides welding expertise and support for manufacturing operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversees preventive maintenance and basic repairs of welding equipment.
- Maintains welding supply inventory.
- Provides programming and other daily production support for automated/robotic weld applications.
- Assists with operator weld training.
- Troubleshoots welding issues.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Five years of experience welding.
- Must be familiar with GMAW & GTAW. Experience/understanding of Plasma, Resistance/Projection, and/or Laser welding a plus.
- One year of experience working with automated welding equipment.
- Experience with robot programming. Fanuc programming experience preferred.
- Associate Degree in Welding or Automation (or related field) or presently working to complete this degree.
- CWI or working toward certification preferred, but not required.
- Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret routine correspondence (i.e. job routings, warnings, etc.). Ability to write and record information. Ability to communicate with co-workers and understand oral instructions.
- The ability to pull or push up to 1100 pounds on a cart with wheels.
- The ability to stand and walk on concrete for up to eight (8) hours per day.
- The ability to bend and lift up to fifty (50) pounds between floor level and a height of five feet (5′).
- The ability to bend and lift up to twenty (20) pounds between floor level and a height of six feet six inches (6’6″).
- The ability to work in typical Wisconsin levels of heat and humidity.
- Manual Dexterity: The ability to use hands to manipulate objects (i.e. set stops, etc.).
- Quality Assurance: The ability to perform visual inspection of material quality, surface condition, machine caused flaws and blank dimensions to ensure quality standards.
- The ability to work independently.
Please submit your resume below with salary requirements or apply in person between 8 am-3 pm:
16300 W Rogers Dr
New Berlin WI 53151
Please fill out the form below.